We are looking for a full-time Junior Designer to join our amazing creative team and be part of realising the creative vision of the agency. The Junior Designer will need to be comfortable working in various design aesthetics including print, digital, film graphics, etc. and have a cohesive understanding of how these mediums interact. This is a great opportunity to join a very talented creative team at an award-winning agency, while being mentored and nurtured by experienced senior creatives.
The core purpose of this position:
Working closely with our creative department and other agency team members, you’ll be responsible for translating the project brief into understandable, compelling, and innovative communications.
Reports to: Art Director/Designer
As a Junior Designer at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the agency. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the scene for both your own professional growth and that of the creative team.
● Ideally a minimum of 12-months experience working within an agency environment and/or with a design portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects, and a clear personal aesthetic.
● Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Design/Illustrator – Premiere Pro and After Effects)
● A basic understanding of web standards and user experiences
● Animation skills are beneficial, not essential, but an understanding of motion graphics and willingness to learn is a must.
● Ability to design in a range of styles from illustration to typographic, and animation to graphic design.
● Proficient eye for design and visual storytelling.
● Knowledge of proofing devices and understanding of print and web colour management.
● Dynamic presentation and communication skills for pitching creative concepts to internal teams and clients.
● Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design, and art theory.
● Knowledge of the latest design industry trends, techniques, and technologies.
● Can-do attitude, passion, and hunger to learn and continually develop.
● Attention to detail.
● Be proactive – as a Junior Designer you’ll always be looking for new ways to develop your skillset.
● Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and stay calm under pressure.
● Understand and interpret client briefs.
● Assisting senior creatives across digital and print campaigns.
● Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums, including brand campaigns, photography, video, retail, graphics, advertising, events, plus digital and social media.
● Use a collaborative skill set to work within our creative team (Group Creative Directors, Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Copywriters).
● Image sourcing, minor retouching, collaborating on photography and video shoots.
● Give clear feedback to both internal and external creative teams, with thoughtful solutions and recommendations.
● Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale.
● Crafting stunning presentation decks using Google Slides.
● Be flexible and responsive to feedback (internal or external), and approach changes with a positive attitude that feedback can make a concept/design better – understand all opinions but have a definitive personal view.
● Learn and instil client brand guidelines and workflows throughout the team.
● Knowledge and learnings sharing with internal teams.
● Keep your timesheets updated and accurate every week.
● Must be able to work in the Emotive office in Tamarama.
● Foster fruitful and complementary working relationships with all other Emotive crew and clients
● Be a key player within the creative team working with Creative Directors, Art Directors and Copywriters
What Success Looks Like:
● Contributing to a team to create award-winning creative
● Positive results on client scoring and feedback
● Positive feedback from all Emotive staff
● Happy team
● Happy clients
● Making the role your own
Please send your application to email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 19th March.