Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part content distributor, Emotive is deliberately (un)structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. Nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll: 1. Emotional intelligence 2. Honesty 3. Ambition 4. Fun.
This is a role for well-qualified Art Directors with over 5+ years of industry experience.
More than just help come up with ideas against our communication objectives, you’ll be expected to lead, mentor, supervise and inspire the creative team alongside the agency’s Creative Directors. Our work is multi-disciplinary. To thrive and succeed in this role, it’s essential for you to have strong conceptual abilities, and be both detail-oriented and eager to push limits.
Polished client presentation skills are expected, as is a desire to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
The core purpose of this position:
As a member of the creative department, you will be expected to work collaboratively with other agency team members to generate highly conceptual ideas and bring them to life.
Reports to: Creative Director/s
As an Art Director at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the agency. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the scene for both your own professional growth and that of the creative team.
· Must have a strong conceptual or design portfolio
· 5+ years of experience in a design studio or an agency background
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
· An understanding of web standards, user experiences, general design skills
· Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
· Experience leading other designers and working with creative teams
· Experience with video and motion graphics a bonus
· Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design and art theory
· A solid knowledge of the digital landscape (specifically social media)
· Understand and interpret creative briefs efficiently
· Develop and lead creative ideas across a wide variety of mediums, including digital, print and film
· Collaborate with other creatives, strategists, media, digital and account teams to ensure your work is always engaging, relevant and strategically sound
· Inspire, lead and help grow the creative team by providing strong creative concepts and constructive feedback
· Mentor junior creative team members, ensuring quality is upheld throughout each project
· Manage the quality of design deliverables through video, digital & print channels
· Present or oversee presentation of final concepts
· Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to the team and/or client. Must feel comfortable selling in your work
· Attend on-location shoots to help ensure the creative concept is upheld
· Collaborate with other disciplines (photographers, illustrators, film and video, etc.) and help them bring concepts to life
· Actively participate in external events and activities to develop skillset
· Keep up to date with emerging, relevant technologies, designs and trends
· Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale
· Must be able to work from our office in Tamarama
· Foster collaborative working relationships with all other Emotive crew and clients
· Be a key player within the creative team working alongside Creative Directors, Art Directors and Copywriters
What Success Looks Like:
· Contributing to a team to create award-winning and highly effective creative
· Positive results on client scoring and feedback
· Positive feedback from all Emotive staff
· Happy team
· Happy clients
· Making the role your own
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 31st August.