Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part content distributor, Emotive is deliberately structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. Nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll:
We have a diverse mix of people at Emotive. They’re all ridiculously talented and none of them have a ridiculous ego. We’ll do everything to make the work better, except sacrificing the well-being of our people.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Account Manager to join our amazing account management team and be part of realising the creative vision of the agency. Working in close partnership with the Business Director, you will have joint responsibility for the day to day running and processing some fantastic accounts. This is great opportunity to join an award-winning agency, while being mentored and nurtured by a team of Business Directors.
The core purpose of this position:
Working closely with the Business Director and the broader agency team across strategy, creative, production and distribution, you’ll be responsible for delivering exceptional account management for end-to-end campaigns.
Reports to: Business Director
As a Senior Account Manager at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the agency. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the scene for both your own professional growth and that of the account management team.
– A minimum of 18-months experience working within a creative agency environment.
– An understanding of the creative development process.
– Can-do attitude, passion, and inquisitive to learn and continually develop.
– Proactive – as a Senior Account Manager you’ll always be looking for ways to improve process as well as new ways to develop your skillset.
– Ability to communicate thoughtfully, clearly and succinctly.
– Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and stay calm under pressure.
– Attention to detail – check everything. Then check it again, even if you didn’t do it.
– Supporting the Business Director across all areas of client management –
strategy, creative, production, distribution – whilst owning individual projects and campaigns.
– Coordinate and follow through on process – briefs, internal creative reviews, client presentations, production planning, campaign execution, and delivery.
– Input into strategy and creative briefings e.g. provide reference materials, competitor activity / review.
– Review presentations before they go to the client ensuring nothing has been missed.
– Prepare meeting agendas & contact reports.
– Prepare, update, and manage project timelines.
– Ensure admin and housekeeping never slips – all presentations and documentation are saved correctly on the server.
– Own the production and distribution brief process.
– Cultivate your client relationships through thoughtful communication.
– Work collaboratively with the broader agency team.
– Become indispensable.
– Foster fruitful and complementary working relationships with all other Emotive crew.
What Success Looks Like:
– Make everything run like clockwork!
– Positive results on client scoring and feedback.
– Positive feedback from all Emotive staff.
– Happy team.
– Happy clients.
– Making the role your own.
– Being part of a proudly independent and highly awarded team. The agency has remarkable momentum with nine new clients in 2021 on top of organic growth and a team of brilliant, passionate, and caring people with some impressive industry pedigree.
– Flexible working – Emotive’s working style has been flexible since day one, not just since day Covid. It’s in our DNA and can be seen in flexible work weeks, employee location and full-time roles that can work from home 2-3 days per week, with agency processes and office space designed accordingly.
– The best creative agency office in the world –OK, that might be over the top…but it’s right up there. We are currently building out a unique space right on Coogee Beach. Designed for a flexible working approach, complete with bike and board racks, it overlooks the beach and the oval, giving you the chance to do the best work of your life, in the best environment you’ll ever work in.
– Fun, innovative and caring culture – The culture is casual, with very flat and approachable leadership structures meaning that anyone can talk to anyone. It truly is a safe and caring environment designed to help people do the best work of their lives.
– Paid maternity leave – 2 months paid maternity leave.
– New tech – Covering off the basics, whether you prefer a Mac or PC, you will be provided with the equipment that is best suited to your role when you join. Every laptop is refreshed at least every 3 years to ensure you are always working with quality tools. And we also reimburse you $75 per month to cover your mobile phone bill.
– The Dive Bar and a fridge that has your lunch sorted – The agency provides lunch, snacks and a well-stocked ‘Dive Bar’. We also have regular staff functions to get everyone together and celebrate all your great work.
– Birthdays off on us – life is too short to work on your birthdays – so take it off on Emotive.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 31st January 2022.