Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part content distributor, Emotive is deliberately structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. Nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll:
We have a diverse mix of people at Emotive. They’re all ridiculously talented and none of them have a ridiculous ego. We’ll do everything to make the work better, except sacrificing the well-being of our people.
We are looking for a creatively driven, strategic thinking Head of Brand Experience to join our team and be part of realising the creative vision of the agency. You will be responsible for the day to day running and processing of the Brand Experience unit through delivering and executing world class brand experiences that change how people feel. This is great opportunity to join an award-winning independent agency with a ton of momentum.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Senior Producer x 2; Freelance Collective.
As Head of Brand Experience at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the agency. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the tone for both your own professional growth and that of the clients you work on.
– An experiential professional with 15 years’ + agency experience (a good portion of this needs to be in Australia)
– Proven track record of managing and developing senior client relationships and delivering best in class (and award worthy) experential campaigns
– Passion for big experience led ideas and a proven track record of creating large scale events and activations, complex builds and integrated experiential campaigns
– Excellent written and verbal communication
– Financially astute and comfortable in commercial conversations
– Experience in managing significant levels of revenue and production spend
– A background in managing full-time teams of 2-4 people along with project teams of suppliers and project managers
– Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
– A sound knowledge of the Australian market and suppliers
– A strategic thinker, with a strong understanding of comms planning and creative strategy
– An understanding of the pitch process, writing brief responses and winning over clients with big ideas
– Working within the broader creative agency with service areas that include strategy, creative, design, production, brand experience and amplification, ‘a day in the life of the Head of Brand Experience’ can be broken down as follows:
New Projects / New Business
– You would play a role in all pitches and responses to experiential briefs
– You would meet the client with the account lead to take the brief
– You would then help plan the creative response, the internal resource (and budget) required and critical timeline
– Working closely with the designated creative team you would oversee the response, client presentations and pitches ensuring the highest quality of work is maintained and that the creative ambition is maximised
– You understand the importance of forecasting and managing budgets (agency fees and 3rd party costs) in order to resource effectively, working with the management team to deliver this
– You have a strong P&L understanding with an ability to execute within a larger business plan
– You will look for opportunities that will optimise and drive further growth for the business
– Working with the agency Studio Manager and Account lead, you would cast the appropriate resource to complete each job and ensure they are budgeted for
– Your involvement in each project would be worked out on a case by case basis, depending on the scale, budget and complexity of the experience or campaign
– Before a job commences you would on-board a detailed scope of work with the team outlining the processes necessary to get things done and design a best practice work flow system. This approach allows for projects to run efficiently and avoid over servicing
– Once projects are live, you assist in implementing the processes and procedures to ensure delivery – timelines, critical paths, milestones production schedules
– You would then schedule check-ins on a project based on a number of variables such as complexity of the job, project manager, project timeline etc
– Often a job will have a project lead / senior producer who require minimal involvement or input from you in the day to day management. However you would be there for the team to provide production expertise, guidance and mentorship as and when needed
– Where necessary you would oversee the management and execution of the critical components such as channel integration, selecting and briefing contractors, venues, talent, SOW’s, budget and timeline, ensuring the project remains aligned to its agreed direction
– You set the standard in account management, with responsiveness and foresight consistently on display
– As manager of a team you would place trust in them to get things done but be on hand as and when they need you
– You would ensure that any client facing documents are reviewed before they are sent
– You will build a culture within your team that aligns with the values of Emotive – ambition, fun, honesty and emotional intelligence
Key Success Areas:
– Case studies (fame)
– Best possible team (fulltime and freelance collective)
– Team retention/engagement
– Client retention
– Number of clients
– Trade marketing coverage
– Have positive relationship across all client stakeholders
– Client responses and strategic implementation are consistently market leading
– Have positive internal relationship with all key departments and stakeholders
– Being part of a proudly independent and highly awarded team. The agency has remarkable momentum with nine new clients in 2021 on top of organic growth and a team of brilliant, passionate, and caring people with some impressive industry pedigree.
– Flexible working – Emotive’s working style has been flexible since day one, not just since day Covid. It’s in our DNA and can be seen in flexible work weeks, employee location and full-time roles that can work from home 2-3 days per week, with agency processes and office space designed accordingly.
– The best creative agency office in the world –OK, that might be over the top…but it’s right up there. We are currently building out a unique space right on Coogee Beach. Designed for a flexible working approach, complete with bike and board racks, it overlooks the beach and the oval, giving you the chance to do the best work of your life, in the best environment you’ll ever work in.
– Fun, innovative and caring culture – The culture is casual, with very flat and approachable leadership structures meaning that anyone can talk to anyone. It truly is a safe and caring environment designed to help people do the best work of their lives.
– Paid maternity leave – 2 months paid maternity leave.
– New tech – Covering off the basics, whether you prefer a Mac or PC, you will be provided with the equipment that is best suited to your role when you join. Every laptop is refreshed at least every 3 years to ensure you are always working with quality tools. And we also reimburse you $75 per month to cover your mobile phone bill.
– The Dive Bar and a fridge that has your lunch sorted – The agency provides lunch, snacks and a well-stocked ‘Dive Bar’. We also have regular staff functions to get everyone together and celebrate all your great work.
– Birthdays off on us – life is too short to work on your birthdays – so take it off on Emotive.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 31st May 2022.