Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part content distributor, Emotive is deliberately structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. Nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll:
We have a diverse mix of people at Emotive. They’re all ridiculously talented and none of them have a ridiculous ego. We’ll do everything to make the work better, except sacrificing the well-being of our people.
We are looking for a full-time Junior Designer to join our amazing creative team and be part of realising the creative vision of the agency. The Junior Designer will need to be comfortable working in various design aesthetics including print, digital, film graphics, etc. and have a cohesive understanding of how these mediums interact. This is a great opportunity to join a very talented creative team at an award-winning agency, while being mentored and nurtured by experienced senior creatives.
The core purpose of this position:
Working closely with our creative department and other agency team members, you’ll be responsible for translating the project brief into understandable, compelling, and innovative communications.
Reports to: Head of Design
As a Junior Designer at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the agency. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the scene for both your own professional growth and that of the creative team.
– Ideally a minimum of 12-months experience working within an agency environment and/or with a design
portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects, and a clear personal aesthetic.
– Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Design/Illustrator – Premiere Pro and After Effects)
– A basic understanding of web standards and user experiences
– Animation skills are beneficial, not essential, but an understanding of motion graphics and willingness to learn is a must.
– Ability to design in a range of styles from illustration to typographic, and animation to graphic design.
– Proficient eye for design and visual storytelling.
– Knowledge of proofing devices and understanding of print and web colour management.
– Dynamic presentation and communication skills for pitching creative concepts to internal teams and clients.
Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design, and art theory.
– Knowledge of the latest design industry trends, techniques, and technologies.
– Can-do attitude, passion, and hunger to learn and continually develop.
– Attention to detail.
– Be proactive – as a Junior Designer you’ll always be looking for new ways to develop your skillset.
– Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and stay calm under pressure.
– Understand and interpret client briefs.
– Assisting senior creatives across digital and print campaigns.
– Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums, including brand campaigns, photography,video, retail, graphics, advertising, events, plus digital and social media.
– Use a collaborative skill set to work within our creative team (Group Creative Directors, Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Copywriters).
Image sourcing, minor retouching, collaborating on photography and video shoots.
– Give clear feedback to both internal and external creative teams, with thoughtful solutions and
– Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale.
– Crafting stunning presentation decks using Google Slides.
– Be flexible and responsive to feedback (internal or external), and approach changes with a positive attitude that feedback can make a concept/design better – understand all opinions but have a definitive personal view.
– Learn and instil client brand guidelines and workflows throughout the team.
– Knowledge and learnings sharing with internal teams.
– Keep your timesheets updated and accurate every week.
– Must be able to work in the Emotive HQ in Coogee.
– Be a key player within the creative team working with Creative Directors, Art Directors and Copywriters.
– Foster fruitful and complementary working relationships with all other Emotive crew.
What Success Looks Like:
– Contributing to a team to create award-winning creative.
– Positive results on client scoring and feedback.
– Positive feedback from all Emotive staff.
– Happy team.
– Happy clients.
– Making the role your own.
– Being part of a proudly independent and highly awarded team – The agency has remarkable momentum with nine new clients in 2021 on top of organic growth and a team of brilliant, passionate, and caring people with some impressive industry pedigree.
– Flexible working – Emotive’s working style has been flexible since day one, not just since day Covid. It’s in our DNA and can be seen in flexible work weeks, employee location and full-time roles that can work from home 2-3 days per week, with agency processes and office space designed accordingly.
– The best office in the world – OK, that might be over the top…but it’s right up there. We are currently building out a unique space right on Coogee Beach. Designed for a flexible working approach, complete with bike and board racks, it overlooks the beach and the oval, giving you the chance to do the best work of your life, in the best environment you’ll ever work in.
– Fun, innovative, and caring culture – The culture is casual, with very flat and approachable leadership structures meaning that anyone can talk to anyone. It truly is a safe and caring environment designed to help people do the best work of their lives.
– Paid maternity leave – 2 months paid maternity leave.
– New tech – Covering off the basics, whether you prefer a Mac or PC, you will be provided with the equipment that is best suited to your role when you join. Every laptop is refreshed at least every 3 years to ensure you are always working with quality tools. And we also reimburse you $75 per month to cover your mobile phone bill.
– Dive Bar and lunch – The agency provides snacks and a well-stocked ‘Dive Bar’. We also have regular staff functions to get everyone together and celebrate all your great work.
– Your birthday off – life is too short to work on your birthdays – so take it off on Emotive
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 15th June 2022.