Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part content distributor, Emotive is deliberately structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. Nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll:
We have a diverse mix of people at Emotive. They’re all ridiculously talented and none of them have a ridiculous ego. We’ll do everything to make the work better, except sacrificing the well-being of our people.
We are looking for a full-time Producer/Production Manager to join our amazing production team and be part of realising the vision of the agency. Working in close partnership with the Producers and Head of Production, you will have responsibility for the day to day running of some fantastic production jobs.
The core purpose of this position:
Working closely with the broader agency team across strategy, creative, and amplification, you’ll be responsible for producing end to end campaigns for our blue-chip clients. Emotive production service areas include Shoot Production, Post Production, Audio, Print/OOH, Digital Large Scale Brand Events and Retail Activations.
Reports to: Head of Production
As a Producer/Production Manager at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the business. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the scene for both your own professional growth and that of the production team.
– Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a producer / production manager in a
– Deep understanding of the production landscape
– Solid relationships with Freelance Directors and Producers, Production Managers, and Australian and international production companies.
– Innate understanding of production templates, crew booking guidelines, Kids Guardian requirements.
– Ability to jump between projects to support the Production team where required, as well as lead and produce projects end to end.
– Can-do attitude and passionate about great creative and the competitive advantage it can deliver for our clients.
– Proactive – as a Producer/PM you’ll always be looking for ways to improve process as well as new ways to develop your skillset.
– Ability to communicate thoughtfully, clearly and succinctly across each department.
– Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and stay calm under pressure.
– Attention to detail – Check everything, then check it again, even if you didn’t do it.
– Act as the primary liaison between clients and Emotive’s production team. Provide creative development support with a deep understanding of the media ecosystem and the impact that has on production.
– Prepare and present account service-related documents as required (i.e. PPM, schedules, release forms, agendas).
– Manage and ensure celebrity talent production experience is second to none.
– Ensure contractual compliance with talent and client requirements (i.e. MSA requirements, for example number of quotes required).
– Provide job estimates and budget memos in consultation with EP/COO – ensure projects are completed within budget and any potential overages are flagged with client immediately.
– Ensure adequate insurance for all production shoots.
– Produce and manage shoots from pre to postproduction.
– Ensure QA of all assets despatched (in conjunction with the Studio/Facilities Manager).
– Conduct project review and analysis including job profitability.
– Be responsive.
– Work collaboratively with the broader agency team.
– Troubleshoot and flag any questions or concerns early!
– Keep your timesheets updated and accurate every week.
– Must be able to work in the Emotive office in Coogee.
– Cultivate your client relationships through your thoughtful communication.
– Foster fruitful and complementary working relationships with all other Emotive crew through – collaboration, creativity, communication and enthusiasm.
What Success Looks Like:
– Make everything run like clockwork!
– Positive results on client scoring and feedback.
– Positive feedback from all Emotive staff.
– Happy team.
– Happy clients.
– Making the role your own.
– Become indispensable.
– Being part of a proudly independent and highly awarded team – The agency has remarkable momentum with nine new clients in 2021 on top of organic growth and a team of brilliant, passionate, and caring people with some impressive industry pedigree.
– Flexible working – Emotive’s working style has been flexible since day one, not just since day Covid. It’s in our DNA and can be seen in flexible work weeks, employee location and full-time roles that can work from home 2-3 days per week, with agency processes and office space designed accordingly.
– The best office in the world – OK, that might be over the top…but it’s right up there. We are currently building out a unique space right on Coogee Beach. Designed for a flexible working approach, complete with bike and board racks, it overlooks the beach and the oval, giving you the chance to do the best work of your life, in the best environment you’ll ever work in.
– Fun, innovative, and caring culture – The culture is casual, with very flat and approachable leadership structures meaning that anyone can talk to anyone. It truly is a safe and caring environment designed to help people do the best work of their lives.
– Paid maternity leave – 2 months paid maternity leave.
– New tech – Covering off the basics, whether you prefer a Mac or PC, you will be provided with the equipment that is best suited to your role when you join. Every laptop is refreshed at least every 3 years to ensure you are always working with quality tools. And we also reimburse you $75 per month to cover your mobile phone bill.
– Dive Bar and lunch – The agency provides lunch, snacks and a well-stocked ‘Dive Bar’. We also have regular staff functions to get everyone together and celebrate all your great work.
– Your birthday off – life is too short to work on your birthdays – so take it off on Emotive
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you.