Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part content distributor, Emotive is deliberately structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. Nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll:
We have a diverse mix of people at Emotive. They’re all ridiculously talented and none of them have a ridiculous ego. We’ll do everything to make the work better, except sacrificing the well-being of our people.
This is a role for a well-qualified Copywriter with over 3+ years of industry experience. Our work is multi-disciplinary. To thrive and succeed in this role, it’s essential for you to have strong conceptual abilities, and be both detail-oriented and eager to push limits. The ambition to mentor or help guide junior creatives is desired and polished client presentation skills are expected, but so is a desire to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
The core purpose of this position:
As a member of the creative department, you will be expected to work collaboratively with other agency team members to generate highly conceptual ideas and bring them to life.
Reports to: Creative Director/s
As a Copywriter at Emotive you’ll have certain key responsibilities, but we don’t see the following list as being your only contributions to the agency. In fact, what we are most excited about is what you pursue above and beyond your everyday duties in setting the scene for both your own professional growth and that of the creative team.
– Must have a strong conceptual portfolio
– 3+ years of experience in an agency or publishing background
– AWARD School (or equivalent) experience preferred.
– Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
– Be comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats including concept manifestos, headlines, digital/social copy, film scripts, campaign material.
– Experience working with other creatives and creative teams
– An ambition to help mentor junior creative team members
– A solid knowledge of the digital landscape and formats (specifically social media)
– Works well under pressure and under deadlines
– Understand and interpret creative briefs efficiently.
– Develop and lead creative ideas across a wide variety of mediums, including digital, print and film.
– Collaborate with other creatives, strategists, media, digital and account teams to ensure your work is always engaging, relevant and strategically sound
– Inspire, lead and help grow the creative team by providing strong creative concepts and constructive feedback.
– Manage the quality of copy deliverables through video, digital & print channels.
– Present or oversee presentation of final concepts.
– Communicate conceptual ideas to the team and/or client. Must feel comfortable selling in your work
– Attend on-location shoots to help ensure the creative concept is upheld.
– Collaborate with Art Directors and other disciplines (photographers, illustrators, film and video, etc.) and help them bring concepts to life.
– Actively participate in external events and activities to develop skill set
– Have a drive to understand emerging techniques, trends, and views in marketing, communications, technology, and social media.
– Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale.
– Must be able to work from our office in Coogee.
– Foster collaborative working relationships with all other Emotive crew and clients
– Be a key player within the creative collective working alongside Creative Directors, Art Directors and other Copywriters
Key Success Areas:
– Contributing to a team that creates effective and award-winning creative
– Positive results on client scoring and feedback
– Positive feedback from all Emotive staff
– Happy team
– Making the role your own
– Being part of a proudly independent and highly awarded team – The agency has remarkable momentum with nine new clients in 2021 on top of organic growth and a team of brilliant, passionate, and caring people with some impressive industry pedigree.
– Flexible working – Emotive’s working style has been flexible since day one, not just since day Covid. It’s in our DNA and can be seen in flexible work weeks, employee location and full-time roles that can work from home 2-3 days per week, with agency processes and office space designed accordingly.
– The best office in the world – OK, that might be over the top…but it’s right up there. We are currently building out a unique space right on Coogee Beach. Designed for a flexible working approach, complete with bike and board racks, it overlooks the beach and the oval, giving you the chance to do the best work of your life, in the best environment you’ll ever work in.
– Fun, innovative, and caring culture – The culture is casual, with very flat and approachable leadership structures meaning that anyone can talk to anyone. It truly is a safe and caring environment designed to help people do the best work of their lives.
– Paid maternity leave – 2 months paid maternity leave.
– New tech – Covering off the basics, whether you prefer a Mac or PC, you will be provided with the equipment that is best suited to your role when you join. Every laptop is refreshed at least every 3 years to ensure you are always working with quality tools. And we also reimburse you $75 per month to cover your mobile phone bill.
– Dive Bar and lunch – The agency provides lunch, snacks and a well-stocked ‘Dive Bar’. We also have regular staff functions to get everyone together and celebrate all your great work.
– Your birthday off – life is too short to work on your birthdays – so take it off on Emotive
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 30th June 2022.