Who is Emotive?
Emotive creates ideas that change the way people feel about brands. In a world filled with too much marketing, most of which is ignored or ineffective, brands need empathy to overcome apathy and connect with their audience. That’s where Emotive can help.
Emotive is an independent creative company making ideas that live within advertising, entertainment and design. Part ad agency, part production company, part earned media specialist, Emotive is uniquely structured so it can respond to clients’ business issues or opportunities effectively, rather than default to ‘traditional comms’ as the answer.
The Emotive culture
Grow a culture and you’ll grow an agency. It’s always been our belief that nothing is more important, and we intend to hog the best people not just by creating great work, but by building a culture of independence, creativity and fun they just can’t bear to leave. At the heart of our culture are four simple values that act as the framework for how we roll:
And we have a diverse mix of people at Emotive. They’re all ridiculously talented and none of them have a ridiculous ego. We’ll do everything to make the work better, except sacrificing the well-being of our people.
In a fast moving and fragmented media world, where most advertising is barely noticed, you need to show up in multiple places to have real impact. Put simply, variety is the new frequency and creative ideas need to be planned in the context of channel, platform, and audience to cut through.
That’s where Emotive’s Creative Amplification unit comes in. We bring ideas to life in unexpected ways to maximise emotional payoff and ensure they are found and experienced by the right audience at the right time in the right context.
The creative amplification team deliver:
Amplification Strategy – Platform intentional connections planning
– Content strategy
– Social strategy
– Comms planning
– Asset mapping
– Idea ecosystems
Brand fame – Ensure ideas are amplified with maximum impact
– Talent & influencers
– Content partnerships
– Brand Experiences
Instead of being an afterthought, Creative Amplification is integral to the creative process, which means the Creative Strategist is a crucial role embedded within the whole campaign journey.
You will help shape the way ideas come to life, collaborating with the broader strategy and creative teams to ensure ideas are built to travel with maximum impact.
In the Creative Amplification team, a curiosity and passion for all things happening in culture is a must. You will live and breathe what’s next in social, the creator industry, media platforms, and digital innovation. You get excited about leveraging your expertise to make ideas work harder.
A strategic understanding of how to map content within a brand’s ecosystem, and leverage assets across multi-channel campaigns will be key. Deep platform understanding will enable you to amplify ideas in ways that deliver business ROI.
The Creative Strategist will form a formidable partnership with the Head of Creative Amplification, while interfacing with clients, media agencies, PR specialists, and external partners to galvanise around the core idea in the pursuit of gaining attention and maximising emotion.
Reports to: Head of Creative Amplification
– 5+ years of experience within content or social media strategy and expertise in areas such as brand partnerships, talent and influencers, and PR.
– Understanding of the full marketing process and knowledge of how to leverage paid, earned, and owned assets within multi-channels.
– Experienced in bringing ideas to life in unexpected ways to help an idea infiltrate culture.
– Intimate knowledge of the key social platforms (Meta – Facebook & Instagram, Snap, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter), including how to apply creative best practice, cultural trends, and paid media.
– Excellent understanding of reporting and measurement tools to deliver informed and actionable insights and reporting.
– Actively provide value and input with the wider Emotive creative teams as an expert in your field.
– Proactively support the Account team end-to-end to drive creative strategy best practice for all relevant clients.
– Author and present creative strategy proposals through robust recommendations by mapping out a comms framework that considers the role of creative, assets, channels, and platform strategy.
– Build ecosystems for creative ideas across paid, earned, owned touchpoints, including phasing or rollout approach of how a campaign comes to life.
– Deliver and implement campaign ideas that consider non-traditional channels to cut through, such as social, PR, brand experiences, talent, collabs, or partnerships.
– Work to and meet deadlines and consistently manage client expectations.
– Manage and lead campaigns autonomously and support the Head of Creative Amplification team to deliver day-to-day tasks and outputs.
– Partner with external media agencies to act as the bridge between creative and media, ensuring Emotive ideas and creative outputs are fit for purpose and executed to best effect for paid advertising channels.
– Contribute to new business in the agency.
– Build and foster superb relationships with clients, partners, third parties, and internal staff members gaining trust, like, and respect for Emotive.
– You understand the dynamics of working with creatives and external agencies and love to collaborate as a team player.
– You are detail-driven, passionate, and always curious – you thrive in an additive culture.
– You are brilliant at creating compelling decks and presentations that can apply audience driven insights to deliver informed strategic recommendations.
– You have a clear understanding of the balance between brand, creative, and content strategy as part of the wider marketing mix.
– You are confident in briefing, negotiating, and managing relationships with external media partners, talent agents, and social platforms.
– You have strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Key success areas:
– Creative Amplification output exceeds client expectations.
– Individual contributions made to the growth and success of Creative Strategy services.
– New business wins that leverage Creative Amplification thinking and ideas.
– Industry recognition for market leading work that drives brand fame.
– Being part of a proudly independent and highly awarded team – The agency has remarkable momentum with 13 new clients over the last 12 months on top of organic growth and a team of brilliant, passionate, and caring people with some impressive industry pedigree.
– Flexible working – Emotive’s working style has been flexible since day one. It’s in our DNA and can be seen in flexible work weeks that allow you to work from home up to three days per week, with agency processes and office space designed accordingly.
– The best office in the world on Coogee Beach – OK, that might be over the top…but it’s right up there. When Emotive moved to Coogee it wasn’t just to get a place by the beach. The move connects us to a cultural energy and a freedom of expression that sets us apart from the predictable city workplace.
– Fun, innovative, and caring culture – The culture is casual, with very flat and approachable leadership structures meaning that anyone can talk to anyone. It truly is a safe and caring environment designed to help people do the best work of their lives.
– Paid maternity leave – 2 months paid maternity leave.
– New tech – Covering off the basics, whether you prefer a Mac or PC, you will be provided with the equipment that is best suited to your role when you join. Every laptop is refreshed at least every 3 years to ensure you are always working with quality tools. And we also reimburse you $75 per month to cover your mobile phone bill.
– Dive Bar – The agency provides snacks and a well-stocked ‘Dive Bar’. We also have regular staff functions to get everyone together and celebrate all the great work.
– Your birthday off – Life is too short to work on your birthdays – so take it off on Emotive.
Please send your application to email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you. Applications close September 1st 2023.